Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1, 2013

March 1, 2013
 Today is our 3 year mark without Dario.

  
 2010

 I never expected our family story to be interrupted with Stage 4 Lung Cancer.
At that time, Dario and I had been married 11 years. Anthony was only 5 years old trying to work his way through Kindergarten and Isabella was just 6 months old. 

When our new chapter started without Dario, we were weak, tired, confused and angry. But I think that was expected. Deep down I knew we were going to be okay because I knew HOPE.
Hope in God's promise of eternity only through Jesus.
Hope of His promise never to leave us or forsake us.

God has held us in His hands and has loved us through this journey. 
I know He has.Without any doubt, He has written every part of our story thus far.


2013

Three years later, Anthony is 8 years old, in 3rd grade, playing basketball and baseball. He is a good boy, full of life and love for his family. He holds his dad’s memories very dear but also pushes forward with amazing strength and understanding.  Isabella is 3 years old. She is a crazy, loving little girl. She has an understanding of her daddy that melts my heart. Not too long ago she prayed a prayer all on her own and said,
 “Thank you God for Heaven because that is where my daddy is.”  

I am a blessed mom. 
I am amazed at the strength, courage and hope that my family has clung to.
Now as we move forward and my sweet little family's story continues,  
I am confident in God and His plan He has for us. 

So, thank you to our family, friends and to our
 new and old church families that have continued to love us through it all.
 





1 comment:

  1. Dear Rhonda, Anthony & Isabella,
    We truly appreciate your Christopherson Crew Page. We are proud of you as you've moved three years beyond Dario's death. We do hope and pray your life will be fulfilled in the future as you continue building your family by the Lord's hand. We also are excited to believe He has much in store for you.
    We love you all,
    Joseph & Laura Christopherson

    ReplyDelete